Saturday, January 12, 2013

~ Brainwave Entrainment

The first time I came in contact with Brainwave Entrainment, was 1996. Then it was Hemisync from the Monroe Institute I listened to (Binaural Beats), at that time I didn't know anything about the whole "industry" behind it or what binaural beats really was. I just felt relaxed listening to the beats and the voice that guided me. Also the idea of synchronising the two brain hemispheres attracted me. I was listening every day for 6 months and made it through Wave 1, then other "things" came in the way and I stopped. I didn't forget about Hemisync over the years, I did try it again a few times, but I didn't experience the feeling of relaxation as I did before.

Hm... now I remember, back in the late 80's, was probably the very first time I tried 'Brainwave Entrainment'. I had access to a device, it was a cassette player and thick glasses. When you used it you had the head phones and glasses on, there were some sound but I don't remember what it was. What I do remember is the glasses, you had to have you eyes open while wearing them and there were some flashing lights and colors. I don't know if that was monaural beats, such a long time ago, I don't remember all the details.

Last year, I got my first "smartphone" and started to look for Apps and came across Binaural Beats, downloaded it and liked it. At the time I had no idea it was related to hemisync, but I started to "investigate". Googled on it and found all the videos on YouTube, began reading about brainwave entrainment and I became aware of isochronic tones. Then I did a search on YouTube and found FingerprintDIVA (Na'ven Enigma), and her isochronic tones just blew me away. I felt immediately that this was my "thing" and one thing led to the other and all of a sudden I was uploading isochronic tones on YouTube.