Friday, August 16, 2013

Meditation

I came in contact with meditation, 30 years ago, mainly the meditations that focus on the breath. While meditating you're supposed to direct your awareness on, breathing in and breathing out, and let the thoughts interferring with that focus, just flow by like clouds. Sounds easy huh!? No it isn't, not for me, as soon as I begin to focus on my breath, my mind interferes with the natural breathing. I become so focused on the breathing, that sometimes I find it difficult to breath at all, I feel like I can't breath, I start to swallow, anxiety builds up, etc. My mind is so focused on the breathing that I can't breath naturally, so this technique is definitely NOT for me.

This is one of the reasons that I became interested in isochronic tones, instead of focusing on my breath, my awareness is focused on the tones in my head. I find it more easy to meditate that way, I have several isochronic videos with frequencies  uploaded on YouTube that is suitable for meditation. My favorite is Gamma Brainwaves (Isochronic Tones 40 Hz) Pure Series 

I don't know if listening to this frequency actually will create gamma waves in my brain, I don't have the equipment to measure that. But I do find the tones vibration in my ears and head as "feeling" good, my subjective experience.

"GAMMA AND HYPER-GAMMA: 30 - 100 Hz
Gamma brainwaves are usually very weak in normal people but have recently been found to be very strong in Tibetan monks while doing a Loving Kindness meditation. 40hz becomes the dominant frequency of these monks while meditating and it is also the frequency that the core of Earth resonates to. A very important frequency when it comes to higher awareness and mystical experiences."

Here is an interesting study: Near-death experiences are 'electrical surge in dying brain'